Varicose veins are huge and ugly veins that typically occur in the legs. For most people, these discolored veins are simply an aesthetic issue. However, for some, varicose veins could be the source of discomfort and pain. Besides, varicose veins might also point to an inherent vein disease yet to be identified. Luckily, several Sebring varicose vein treatment solutions are available for patients who want to eliminate uncomfortable varicose veins or just want to eliminate them for aesthetic reasons. These minimally invasive treatments typically only need a single office visit and yield excellent outcomes for most patients. Read on to learn more.
During Sclerotherapy, your doctor pumps a specific fluid into the damaged vein. The solution causes scarring of the vein, and redirects the blood in the vein to a healthy vein nearby. Ultimately, the afflicted vein collapses and is reabsorbed by the body, allowing it to disappear.
2) Saphenous Vein Ablation
Also commonly referred to as Endovenous Ablation, this procedure utilizes radiofrequency energy to close off the afflicted vein. The veins are repaired by heating the vein walls with radiofrequency. This heat prompts the vein sidewalls to buckle and then seal shut. This therapy is less intrusive than surgical therapies like Varicose Vein Excision or Saphenous Vein Stripping, yet just as successful.
3) Endovascular Laser Therapy (EVLT)
This procedure is one of the most frequently suggested therapies for big varicose veins. EVLT, also called Endovenous Laser Ablation, is often used to cure varicose veins for cosmetic purposes. Nonetheless, it can also eradicate or lessen the uncomfortable symptoms of varicose veins, including inflammation, pains, aches, and skin irritation.
Microphlebectomy, also termed ambulatory phlebectomy, is another minimally invasive treatment alternative for eliminating diseased varicose veins on the legs. Using microscopic cuts, your doctor extracts the diseased veins through the surface of the leg. The method is frequently used to address bigger varicose veins and could be a viable option if sclerotherapy fails.
What Are The At-Home Varicose Vein Treatment Options Available?
If you’re seeking nonsurgical treatment alternatives for your varicose veins, conservative treatments can help decrease discomfort and pain. Here are several easy lifestyle modifications that could significantly improve the state of your varicose veins:
- For overweight patients, the extra strain on your leg’s veins could trigger greater pains and aches. By reducing weight through exercise and diet, you could alleviate some of this discomfort and avoid the development of new varicose veins.
- Avoid sitting or standing for extended periods. If your profession requires you to stand or sit for long periods, ensure you take frequent breaks to exercise or stretch your legs.
- Don’t cross your legs when seated
- Quit wearing tight clothes around the legs, waist, and upper thighs, as they can limit blood circulation.
- Stretching and exercising can enhance your muscle strength and improve your blood circulation
Besides being an aesthetic issue, varicose veins could cause discomfort and pain. If you’re interested in conservative or minimally invasive solutions for varicose veins, contact Florida Lakes Spa. Schedule a consultation today through mobile or book an appointment online to explore your care options.