When trying to conceive, you may feel like you can do everything independently. However, there are certain situations when it is best to see an infertility specialist. The specialist will be in a position to advise you on the best way to move forward and help you increase your chances of success. Additionally, you will learn about any available Murray Hill infertility treatment you can take advantage of.
There are various infertility treatments, such as:
- IUI (Intrauterine insemination): This is a process whereby sperm is injected directly into the woman’s uterus using a catheter. IUI is often recommended for couples with unexplained infertility or when the male has a low sperm count.
- IVF (In vitro fertilization): This is a process whereby eggs are retrieved from the woman and fertilized with sperm in a laboratory. The embryos are then transferred back into the woman’s uterus. IVF is often recommended for couples trying to conceive for several years without success or when the female has blocked Fallopian tubes.
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic sperm injection): This is a process whereby a single sperm is injected into an egg in a laboratory. ICSI is often used in cases of male infertility or when the male has a low sperm count.
If you have been trying to get pregnant with no success, see below the reasons why you should book an appointment with an infertility specialist:
You have been unsuccessfully trying to conceive for more than a year
If you have been trying to conceive for over a year without success, it is best to consult an infertility specialist. The specialist will be able to evaluate both you and your partner to determine the cause of infertility and recommend a course of treatment. Various reasons could prevent you from conceiving, such as:
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): This condition affects the ovaries and can prevent ovulation.
- Endometriosis: A condition whereby the lining of the womb grows outside of the womb.
- Fibroids: These are non-cancerous growths that develop in the womb.
- Blocked Fallopian tubes: This can be caused by inflammation or scar tissue.
You are over the age of 35
If you are over 35, you may have a condition known as “diminished ovarian reserve.” This means that you have fewer eggs remaining in your ovaries. As a result, you may have difficulty conceiving. If you are over 35 and have been trying to conceive without success, it is best to consult an infertility specialist. The specialist will advise on a treatment plan to help you get pregnant.
You or your partner have a history of infertility
you or your partner have a history of infertility, it is best to consult with an infertility specialist. The specialist will be able to evaluate the cause of infertility and recommend a course of treatment.
You have had multiple miscarriages
If you have had multiple miscarriages, it is best to consult with an infertility specialist. The specialist will be able to evaluate the cause of miscarriages and recommend a course of treatment.
Infertility can be difficult to come to terms with, especially if you struggle to conceive. If you have been trying for a while with no success, it may be time to consult your Fertility Specialist at Noble Fertility Center. They will create a personalized approach to fertility treatment and work with you to create a plan that is right for you.