The slip and fall accidents represent the personal injury in which a person slips or trips and gets injured due to someone else’s negligence or fault. These kinds of injuries can occur due to dangerous situations like wet floors, narrow stairs, poor lighting, and torn carpeting, which can cause someone to slip and fall and get injured severely. If such a situation comes under your sight, you must inform the organizer or the owner to take precautions against such conditions. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident, and someone else is liable for it, then you can contact an Atlanta personal injury attorney. They can help you to get an efficient amount of coverage for the damage caused due to the injury.
Tips and Types of Slip and Fall Accidents
- Wet floors and walkways: One of the vital tasks of the managers is to clean the accidental wetness like ice and snow, puddles of tracked-in rain, liquid spills from the broken jar, etc., to avoid slip and fall accidents.
- Cluttered aisles and Fallen merchandise: The store owners should be aware of stacking the merchandise in the aisles and leaving trash, supplies, and equipment on the floor, as these can cause a tripping hazard.
- Ice and snow: The owners and the managers must keep the stairs and sidewalks clean from the ice accumulating on the steps, sidewalks, and stairs.
Here are Some of the Common Injuries that can Cause Due to Slip and Fall Accidents
- A fall by hitting the face on the surface can result in severe facial injuries. The facial injuries may include fractures in the nose and jaws, severe cuts, and eye injuries. These kinds of injuries can sometimes cause permanent damage to your body and death.
- One of the most common injuries caused by slip and fall accidents is spinal cord injuries such as fractured vertebrae, herniated discs, dislocation of bones, etc.
- A slip and fall accident can result in severe bone braking injuries. The broken bones of the rib cage, lower leg, shoulder, and arms need long-term treatment; it also takes a lot of time to recover.
Prevention is better than cure since being alert and taking precautions against such accidents should be your priority. You should always keep the above-mentioned tips in your mind to avoid a slip and fall accident. If you are struggling with such a situation and someone else is liable for it, then you must hire a personal injury lawyer who can help you claim a lawsuit against the liable person and also will negotiate with the insurance companies so that you are provided with an efficient amount of coverage to recover your damages.