Do you know the commanding center of your body? The nervous system in your body is crucial in controlling movements and the body’s response toward the surrounding world. Also, this system controls your body’s biological processes, such as breathing and digestion. The proper functioning of the nervous system depends on the interconnection of nerves that sends and receives the electrical signals to and from different cells in the body. However, some toxins and diseases can cause damage to your nervous system leading to neuropathic pain Austin. The following is what you could be missing about this condition.
The risk factors for neuropathic pain
Here are different factors that can increase the risk of getting this condition
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Shortage of some vitamins, such as vitamin B
- Autoimmune infections; where the immune system eats away your tissues
- Occupation, especially the ones involving the repetitive motion
- Kidney and liver infections
- Genetic factors where the family has had a history of this condition
- Diabetes where the body has poor regulation of the sugar
What are the preventions of neuropathic pain?
Prevention is better than cure. Here is how you can reduce the risk of developing this condition;
- Eat a healthy diet: Individuals should have a better choice of meals, such as whole grains and vegetables, which maintains the wellness of the nerves.
- Regular exercises: engage in workouts daily to boost the circulation of the blood to the nervous system.
- Try meditation: The stressful conditions can increase the chances of developing neuropathic pain. Therefore you should relax and meditate when you have deep thoughts about your life.
- Quit smoking: if you have been smoking, your nervous system is at risk of developing neuropathic pain. Stop the habit since it undermines the flow of oxygenated blood to the nervous system.
- Warm bath: To alleviate and soothe the symptoms of neuropathy, such as numbness, individuals should take a warm shower which boosts the circulation of blood in the body.
What are the complications of neuropathic pain?
When left untreated for a long time, this condition can trigger some of the following complications;
- Infections: This condition usually causes the loss of sensation in body parts such as legs, whose injuries may stay for a long time without healing, thus exposing an individual to many infections.
- Skin injuries: The body parts with numbness do not feel the temperature changes; therefore, individuals are susceptible to burns and other damage to their skin.
- Falls: the nervous system plays a crucial role in maintaining the body’s stability, especially while walking. Therefore, nerve damage can lead to loss of balance, thus putting the victim at risk of falling.
- Digestive issues: This condition can affect the autonomic nerve responsible for proper digestion in your body, thus interfering with the digestive system. It occurs when the stomach takes longer to empty the contents, which can cause nausea and heartburn.
A significant proportion of the population has experienced nervous complications which cause neuropathic pain. This condition usually leads to loss of sensation, which can expose individuals to injuries. If you are one of them, I have great news for you. Republic Spine and Pain has a team of experienced specialists who offer various treatments to alleviate neuropathic pain. Visit the facility today and mark the end of your suffering.