What Antibiotics Treat Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?
Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) affects the female reproductive organs. The infection spreads to the female reproductive parts including the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes, and impairs their healthy function. If the infection is left untreated, it can cause more damage to such an extent that it might affect a female’s ability to conceive, as it can cause infertility. The infection can lead to pain in the lower abdominal area and also cause unusual vaginal discharge.
What Causes Pelvic Inflammatory Disease?
The infectious bacteria can get transferred to the female body through unprotected sexual interaction. The bacteria after entering the female body travels to the reproductive organs and infects them. It can cause great damage to the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus. It can slim the possibilities of conception in females if ignored and not treated in time. Most often the root cause of this infection is sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Like PID, another sexually transmitted disease (STI) known as chlamydia affects both men and women. It can cause damage to the reproductive organs and in males, it can also lead to erectile dysfunction (ED) which affects their ability to get and sustain erections. Cenforce 100 (Black Viagra Pill) is one of the best medicine to treat ED in men. Fortunately, chlamydia can be treated using antibiotics.
Symptoms of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
See your healthcare provider right away if you experience the following symptoms:
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen
- Consistent vomiting
- High fever and chills
- Fainting and nausea
- Intense pain during sexual interaction
- Irregular periods
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
Treatment Using Antibiotics
Your healthcare provider will first ask you to get some tests done, which may include a blood test, and urine test to check whether the symptoms are caused due to urinary tract infection (UTI), or ultrasound to generate clearer images of the reproductive organs.
They might also recommend some options for the evaluation, which are listed below:
- Laparoscopy – Pelvic laparoscopy is a surgery that involves using small incisions and instruments that can help the doctors to have a closer look at the reproductive organs. In this way, they can see the damage due to infection.
- Endometrial Biopsy – This involves the removal of a small piece of tissue from the endometrium walls or the lining of the uterus to examine it under the microscope.
Most of the time, healthcare providers prescribe a combination of antibiotics to begin the treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease. Once the tests are done and the evaluation is made, the doctor may make changes to the doses and may prescribe some other combination of antibiotics to stop the infection from causing more damage.
You might need to keep visiting your healthcare provider for regular checkups involving gynecological exams and screening tests. Regular visits will help them to ensure that the treatment is yielding effective results against infection. The patient should follow their doctor’s advice carefully and even if the pain subsides, they must take their medications on time to enable complete recovery best mutual funds.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID) can be effectively treated with the help of antibiotics. Cefoxitin is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections that lead to pelvic inflammatory disease. Cefoxitin is a second-generation cephalosporin, and it belongs to a class of drugs known as cephalosporin antibiotics. As per the STI guidelines listed on the CDC website, when cefoxitin is used in combination with probenecid and doxycycline, it proved to be effective in short-term clinical response in females with pelvic inflammatory disease.
Precautions During PID Treatment
- Females getting the PID treatment should never skip their medicines, should regularly visit their healthcare provider, and follow their doctor’s instructions.
- Since most cases of PIDs are a result of sexually transmitted diseases (STIs), the sexual partner of the affected female must also seek medical assistance. It will help the couple to lower the risk of infection reoccurring. There is a high chance that the sexual partners may have the infection, but they remain asymptomatic, which can increase the risk.
- During the treatment procedure, it is necessary to avoid sexual interactions. Doing so can transfer the infection to the sexual partner.
- In case you experience the symptoms of PID, see your healthcare provider immediately which can help you to avoid the complications like infertility, ectopic pregnancy, and chronic pelvic pain.
- There is a high possibility of getting affected by PID again, which is why it is necessary to maintain proper hygiene and avoid indulging in unprotected sexual interactions.
To Know More Click And Visit Our Site: medmaxim.com